Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tutorial - Shading with mask

Hello everybody!
***
Hallo Ihr Lieben!


Today I want to show you an easy technique,
which can help you to draw a
shadow for your image.
This technique is good for those who are not so sure about their drawing skills.
***
Heute möchte ich Euch eine einfache Technik zeigen, die Euch helfen kann, einen Schatten hinter Euer Motiv zu setzen. Diese Technik ist ideal für diejenigen, die sich nicht so sicher über Ihre zeichnerischen Fähigkeiten sind.



For this tutorial I choose "Trudy's with gift" by Mo Manning. 
I colored the image and cut it.
***
Für dieses Tutorial habe ich Trudy's with gift von Mo Manning verwendet.
Ich habe das Motiv coloriert und ausgeschnitten.



Than I printed the image again on a regular paper and cut it as well.
 This will be my mask.
***
Dann habe ich das Motiv nochmals auf normales Papier gedruckt und dies ebenfalls ausgeschnitten. Das wird Eure Schablone sein.



I took another paper and laid my colored image and my mask above it,
so the mask will peep a little behind.
***
Ich habe ein weiteres Stück Papier genommen, das colorierte Motiv darauf und dann die Schablone darüber gelegt, so dass die Schablone ein wenig verschoben ist.


I draw the outlines with W0.
***
Mit W0 habe ich die Außenlinien nachgefahren.



I filled out the outlines with my W0.
***
Dann habe ich den Bereich innerhalb der Linien mit W0 ausgemalt.



I decided I want the shadow a little darker
so I added some color strikes with W3 in the inner side
close to the colored image, and mixed everything with W0.
***
Ich habe beschlossen, den Schatten etwas dunkler zu machen, also habe ich ein paar Striche mit W3 hinzugefügt - nahe dem colorierten Motiv - und alles mit W0 vermischt.



After my shade was done, I took my image
and rounded it by pulling it's tow edges
than I lay my pop up glue on the sides of the back of the image
and glued it to the paper, so the center is little higher then the sides.
***
Nachdem mein Schatten fertig war, habe ich das Motiv etwas abgerundet indem ich die Ränder etwas umgebogen habe. Dann habe ich Pop Up Glue (z. B. Silikonkleber) seitlich auf die Rückseite aufgetragen und das Motiv auf das Papier geklebt. Die Mitte ist nun etwas höher als die Ränder des Motives.



Here is another example of droping a shadow when
your light source is coming from the side.
***
Hier ist noch ein Beispiel für einen Schatten - in diesem Fall kommt
das Licht von der Seite.






Here is the complete card.
***
Und hier ist meine fertige Karte.






Hope you liked this technique.
***
Ich hoffe, Euch gefällt die Technik.



Hugs,
Keren


16 comments:

Becky said...

What an awesome tutorial on shading. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Lydia Boode said...

great tutorial keren.
hugs

Margreet said...

Fab tutorial...thank you!
xxx Margreet

Margreet said...

Wat een mooi techniek.
En prachtige kleur haar.
Groetjes Margreet

Thea said...

Thanks for this tutorial!

Hugs
Thea

nettie53 said...

Wow this is very nice!!
Leuk om zo schaduw te maken. Ik ga dit zeker eens proberen.
Bedankt.
Nettie

Pedacinhos di Pano by Claudia said...

Wow...tutorial fantastic!!

Thanks

hugs
Claudia♥♥

Anonymous said...

super love the tuto ... great!

Stempelkobold said...

What a great tutorial - thank you so much for sharing :-)

Diny Sprakel said...

Hello Keren, great tutorial, I will try it for sure.
greetings Diny

Delphine said...

I'll try it too! I love your tutorial! Hugs Delphine xx

Helga said...

Really useful tutorial ! Thank you.

Helga

Mariska said...

I had never seen this technique! Thank you so much for sharing, will absolutely give this a try.

Hugs,
Mariska

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Veerle - A colored mind said...

Thanks for the tutorial. But can I give a little comment? My first impression was that the shade was on the wrong side as you glued your "sun" ( as in the yellow round) on the right side above. I would have made the shade on the left side down. But that's my first impression...( red cheeks)

Unknown said...

Awesome tutorial - Thank you for sharing!