Hello everyone! It's Delphine here today to share some Christmas inspiration. I picked an adorable stamp by Penny Black, called Nose to Nose and decided to have a play with my airbrush.
I masked my stamped image to protect my bears and created a hill with Post-It notes. I did not go to the trouble of cutting the mask between my bears because I had in mind to draw a background after airbrushing.
Above, you can see what it looked like, once the airbrushing was done. I used B02, BG15, BV34 and a bit of V01.
I removed the masks, and then realised that I really liked the look of the sky and should not draw a background on it... so, more masking, this time to do the space between the bears lol!
I used B02 and BG15.
I then coloured the bears. I used W0, 1, 3, 5 for their fur, C5, R35, 37, 39 for the red scarf, and RV63, 66, 69 for the pink one.
Next I added a bit of C2, BG000 and B00 for the snow (yes, white always needs to be coloured a bit!). I also added some stickles on the ground and white acrylic paint with a Molotow marker for the snowflakes.
Bears: W0, 1, 3, 5, R20
Red: C5, R35, 37, 39
Pink: RV63, 66, 69
Sky: B02, BG15, BV34, V01
Using two rectangle dies, I created a frame for my cute pair.
Thank you very much for your visit, have a great day! Hugs,
I decided not to use the full length of the stems, so before I stamped the image I placed a strip of washi tape across the bottom of my Copic paper.
This is how I choose my colours. I take a strip of copic paper and test how different colours blend together
For the blue flowers I started with the darkest colour, B14. Then I brought in the medium and light colours, B01 and B000
When I had the blue flowers coloured, I took the B14 again and added depth around the stamens.
For the pink flowers I used RV23, RV21 and RV10. Again I added depth around the stamens, this time using RV25
Once had the flowers coloured, I removed any blue and pink, that spilled over onto the stamens and leaves, using the colourless blender, 0.
For the stamens I started with YR24, then applied some Y15, and finally Y13.
I applied YR27 to the stamens, again to give it depth.
On the leaves I used G24, G20 and YG00
I then brought in G28 and reapplied the previous colours.
To finish the blossoms I applied some white gel pen.
I peeled back the washi tape, added some black and white bakers twine under the Blossoms, and created a frame around the blossoms using a scoring board and embossing tool. The black panel behind the image makes the blossoms pop out from the card base.
Thanks so much for dropping by today. I hope you're inspired to take out your markers and colour something up.