Followers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood

Hi Everyone,
hallo zusammen!

Have you seen the new artist at Crafts and Me????? Her name is Zindy Nielsen and she has the most amazing life images.  I have used Red Riding Hood and coloured the image in black and white with only her hood in red.  I'm loving black and white colouring at the moment.
***
Habt Ihr die neue Künstlerin auf "Crafts and Me" gesehen?????? Ihr Name ist Zindy Nielsen und sie hat wunderbar lebhafte Motive. Ich habe Rotkäppchen verwendet und das Motiv in schwarz und weiß coloriert. Nur Ihr Umhang ist rot. Momentan liebe ich Schwarz-Weiß-Colorationen.

I would normally match my papers to my copic chart to pick out the colours I am going to use but as I have used mainly black cardstock and white papers, it didn't matter which colour markers I chose to work with, but I was looking for a strong red, so went for R35, R37, R39, R89 and C7 for the darker shaded areas.
***
Normalerweise würde ich meine Papiere mit meiner Copic-Farbkarte abstimmen um die Farben auszuwählen, die ich verwenden werde. Da ich aber hauptsächlich schwarzen Cardstock und weiße Papiere benutzt habe, war es nicht wichtig, welche Marker ich verwende. Aber ich wollte ein kräftiges Rot und habe daher R35, R37, R39, und R89 sowie C7 für die dunkler schattierten Bereiche verwendet.




I have used most of the Cool Greys. I coloured her dress using C3, C1, C00
***
Ich habe fast ausschließlich kühle Grautöne verwendet. Das Kleid habe ich mit C3, C1 und C00 coloriert.

The tress in the background have also been coloured with the same combination.
***
Die Bäume im Hintergrund sind mit der selben Kombination coloriert.






I have used C1, C00 on her face with only a touch of C3 for the shading areas.  I didn't want her face to look dirty. For the trees in the foreground I have used C5, C3, C1, COO and for her hair I have used C7, C5, C3.  By using different combinations of the greys I have tried to make the image contrast rather than appearing flat by using one combinatiion everywhere.  Hopefully you can see this.
***
Für das Gesicht habe ich C1, C00 und für die schattierten  Bereiche einen Hauch C3 verwendet. Ich wollte ja nicht, dass das Gesicht schmutzig aussieht. Für die Bäumeim Vordergrund habe ich C5, C3, C1 und C00 und für die Haare C7, C5, C3 benutzt. 
Dadurch, dass ich verschiedene Grauton-Kombinationen verwendet habe, habe ich das Motiv kontrastreicher gestaltet. Hätte ich die selbe Kombination auf dem ganzen Motiv verwendet, hätte es flach und ohne Tiefe gewirkt. Ich hoffe, das kann man erkennen.

Ingredients/Zutaten:-

Red Riding Hood Image by Crafts and Me
Snowflake Vellum Embossed paper by papermania
Magnolia Doohickey Die
Square Doily
Snowtex

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Tracy this is stunning, fantastic colouring! Enjoy your Sunday, Hugs Teresa xx

corryskaart said...

hallo tracy
een werkelijk prachtige kaart en door de inkleuring prachtig rustig geworden, echt een supermooie kaart
groetjes van corry

willkommenbienvenuewelkom said...

beautifull! No words to say how much i love this card!
Gr.Jolanda.