Followers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Easy peasy...vegetable squeezy background.


Hi everybody!
Daria is here :) 


Today I would like to continue talking about backgrounds.
I heard several times in a past that real background stamps are not very practical - they usually cost the same as a whole stamp set but you use it very rarely.
Well - fair enough...:) But you know what?! You don't really need to spend a lot to create great backgrounds!
And I will prove my point today! :) Lets do it together actually.

All you need is ANY stamp set and your Copic Markers of course! 

As to me - I decided to create a very sweet gift pocket. 
First I took WRMemory Keepers Board and punched future package.
(In such case it will be easier to create your background as you will not need to color those pieces that will be cut off.)
I used Hampton Art - Jillibean Soup - Fresh Vegetable Soup Collection. Started with most "massive" image - onion. Stamped several times. To make it looks more "professional" sometimes I stamped image "off the edge". Then it was carrot and finally pea.






I coloured each image and then outlined them with grey markers to add "dimesion" and interest.


Finally it was time for sentiment and decor.....aaaaand here is my final project:


I stamped two image of a beet, coloured one of them, cut both out and glued them together with Bakers Twine in between. That brought real fun to this clean and simple gift pocket...don't you think?! :))

BTW I used the same background to create thankful card - you can see it over HERE.
So as you kinda guess this method can be used not only for gift bags... :)))

Anyway the key numbers are:
Carrots - YR0000, YR20, YR12,YR14, YR04,YR18
Onion - W00, E50,E81, Y23,Y32
Peas - YG0000, G0000, YG00, G21, G40,G82,G85, YG91
Beet - RV0000, BV00, V01,V04, V06, V93, RV17,RV04
Background - C00, C1



Wishing you a great day and very creative mood!

1 comment:

Marta said...

Your colouring is amazing!!! Thanks Daria!!!!