Followers

Monday, July 30, 2018

Copic Refills on Yupo...

Hello everyone,

It's Sue here today to show you a really fun Copic technique with Copic Refills on Yupo paper.

The items I have used for this technique are - 
a sheet of Yupo paper, Copic Refills 0 Colourless Blender, Y38 and RV55, a small ball tool and a straw. 
First I randomly squeezed some colourless blender over the Yupo paper.  
Then I added a few pools of Y38...
...followed quickly by some patches of RV55
Then I added some more drops of Colourless Blender...
...and quickly blew the blender and the ink over the paper.
I repeated this a couple of times until the ink had spread and I had an effect I was happy with.
Then I put some drops of Y38, Colourless Blender and RV55 into an ink palette...
...and using the small ball tool I picked up a dot of YR38 and placed the ball tool on the inky design.  You will see that the inks work together and a circle develops with a pale inside and a dark outline.
I repeated this with RV55 and kept applying dots over the inky background until I liked the effect!
This is my final design, I had never tried this before so i was really happy with how it turned out!
I could have just stopped there as this is really pretty!
I decided to make a background for a new stamp by 
Stamping Bella - Oddball Sparkle fairy.
Copics - 
Skin - E04, E11, E21, E000
Eyes - B02, B000
Hair - E30, E33, E35, RV21, RV23, RV29
Clothes - RV69, RV66, RV63, E08, YR38, YR09
Wings - C7, C4, C2 and Clear Wink of Stella

I had such fun doing this!  It would be great if you could try this too and show us your cards at
Copic Marker Europe on Facebook.
To find us just follow the link
HERE.


Thank you for popping by.
Happy Copic colouring

from Sue...xxx

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

That's really cool! And it turned out so pretty.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

AMAZING! This is SO cool Sue. Have to give this a try :)

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Really awesome! I'll have to google what Yupo paper is but maybe something I have will work. ;)