Followers

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Halloween I Want Candy Mixed Media Lantern



Hello Copic friends,

It is almost Halloween, so I thought it was nice to show a Halloween project.
I have made Halloween cards, tags ...and this mixed media lantern.

While you are reading this post I will be demonstrating Copic colouring mixed with card making and scrapbooking at the Hobbyshow in Rome. 
This is one of my projects I have created especially for the show.

For the first time the Canadian brand Kraftin Kimmie  will be shown in Italy and of course it will be possible to buy them! I have picked the super fun clearstamp set called I Want Candy
Great for Halloween projects, but with a little altering this stamp set can be suitable for birthday/toddlers cards too. 

To colour these stamps  I have chosen some nice Halloween colour combos 
that are also available in the CIAO range.

I have stamped the stamps onto Perfect Colouring Paper and have started colouring..

Here we go let's start coloring!

The little "devil" 


The green combo : G 14, G 17, YG 03, YG 23


The purple combo : V 12, V 15, V 17, BV 08

The "witch" 


The gray combo : W 3, W 5, W 7

The pumkins;


The orange combo : YR 15, YR 16, YR 07, E 18

After the colouring I have fuzzy cutted the little devil, witch , bats and pumkins.

This time I have not made a card but a lantern!

I have cut the pieces for the lantern out of some heavy Fabriano Murillo black card stock ( 260g) ,
with some wax I gave the metal look. I have added some acetate windows, but before adding them into to cardstock lantern I have used the cobweb stencil and some decoglass volume paste with a spatula to create the spiderweb pattern. It needs some drying time but once dry it looks fab. Isn't that fun? 

I have glued my Copic coloured images onto the lantern, and on top I have added some ribbons in orange, black and purple!

Boooooh! Trick or Treat??? A nice piece of home decor for Halloween is ready.

Happy Halloween and for those of you living in Italy near Rome
come  to visit me at stand B45 at the Hobbyshow ( 11-13 October 2019 ).


Inside the lantern I have added a candle with a battery. 
Of course not a real candle as it is made  out of paper cardstock.


I have used:
Black cardstock Fabriano Murillo ( 260 g )
Sissix die for the lantern
Ribbons 
Heavy acetate 
Cobweb Stencil Kraftin Kimmie
I Want Candy clear stamp set Kraftin Kimmie
deco glass volume paste colour Moon dust Ferrario 


Copic :
Skin : E 00, E 11, E 02 E 93
Hair witch : E 11, E 18, YR 15, YR 07
Cape devil : V 12, V 15, V 17, BV 08
Suit devil : G 14, G 17, YG 03, YG 23
Bat : W 3, W 5, W 7
Dress witch : W 3, W 5, W 7
Pumpkin : YR 15, YR 16, YR 07, E 18, G 94, G 99
Perfect Colouring Paper 

PS For all readers that live in Italy
new classes of the European Copic Colouring Program
are sceduled on the 9th of November




Hugs Blankina

No comments: