Followers

Friday, September 6, 2019

Blossoms

Hi everyone. It's Sandie here and today I am sharing my Copic colouring of these gorgeous Danielle Donaldson Blossoms from Stamping Bella.


I decided not to use the full length of the stems, so before I stamped the image I placed a strip of washi tape across the bottom of my Copic paper


This is how I choose my colours. I take a strip of copic paper and test how different colours blend together 


For the blue flowers I started with the darkest colour, B14. Then I brought in the medium and light colours, B01 and B000




When I had the blue flowers coloured, I took the B14 again and added depth around the stamens. 


For the pink flowers I used RV23, RV21 and RV10. Again I added depth around the stamens, this time using RV25


Once  had the flowers coloured, I removed any blue and pink, that spilled over onto the stamens and leaves, using the colourless blender, 0. 


For the stamens I started with YR24, then applied some Y15, and finally Y13. 



I applied YR27 to the stamens, again to give it depth. 


On the leaves I used G24, G20 and YG00




I then brought in G28 and reapplied the previous colours.


To finish the blossoms I applied some white gel pen. 


I peeled back the washi tape, added some black and white bakers twine under the Blossoms, and created a frame around the blossoms using a scoring board and embossing tool. The black panel behind the image makes the blossoms pop out from the card base. 


Thanks so much for dropping by today. I hope you're inspired to take out your markers and colour something up. 
Sandie
xXx

No comments: