Followers

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Scarecrow among Sunflowers

Hi ladies.

Hope you all have had a wonderful summer with a lot of sun, bathing and sunsets.


Today my image is tall, so my paper is measures 21x10 cm.
It is Perfect Coloring Paper and I have stamped my image with Memento Ink.


I started with a light yellow, Y32, that will end up as burnt grass or hay maybe


Then I blend it with a yellowish green, YG03, mixing them together.


Darken the green a little with YG17 and define the grass a bit.



Making uneven circles with fringes, just randomly scribbling them on the paper, using Y17.
That's what's great about nature, there are no right or wrong.
For the center I used E33.


Filled up the gaps between the flowers and the stems with Y13.
For the center I went in with both E37 and E49.


Just scribbling, all together your brain will read it as sunflowers.


Defined the stems and petals with YG67.


Start with a light pressure on the nib, press harder for a wider stroke and ease the pressure in the end.
And don´t overthink it.  The strokes will just indicate a pattern of petals.


The bottom shade for the ground was YG91.


To darken my burnt grass or hay, I used YR23 and YR24.
Leaving some of the Y32 in the top makes it glow a bit.
And for the darkest parts I used E99.



Just making small flick marks on top of the ground with YR23 to look likes it is left overs from the hay harvest.
I held my marker straight up to get as thin strokes as possible.


I a wave shaped stoke make it look more like grass or hay, instead of straight strokes.



I continued with YR24, E99 and E37 for the ground. And I even put in some YG95 to get some green shades in there.


For my sunset I started with the outer glow for the sun, using Y02, and flicked it just a little bit.

Then I went in with Y00 for the center of the sun and blended the glow a little in the edge.

I started with my lightest pink, R00, to blend it with the sunglow and blended it over to B000.

Then I used R22 closest to the sunflowers, blended it over to R20 and R00.
For the blue part I now began at the top with B91, blended it with B21 and B00.

For the clouds I used C3 and some Y02.


For the shirt I started with R24.


Darkened it up with R59, R39.


Left a small shade of R24 at the edges.



For the pants I used B21-B97-B45.



Went in with B97 in the shirt.


For the fold of the pants I used B91-B93.


Skin: E11-E35-E13.
Hat: YR09-E07-E19.
Y15-Y17-E35-E37-T9-YG25-YG67
Scarf: G43-YG67



I didn´t like the light area I got in the crotch, so I went in with my B45 instead.
And here is the finished image.

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Absolutely stunning

Diny Sprakel said...

What a time consuming and great tutorial. Thank you so much Helen
Hugs Diny