Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Winter Background

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a card on which I coloured a winter background. 
The image I used is Oddball Snowman from Stamping Bella.


First I added some shading to the snowman with BV01, N1 and 0


Tree: G24, YG06, YG03


Carrot: YR12, YR16, YR18


Arms and tree: E31, E33, E35


Hat and gloves: N3, N5, N7


Bell: Y13, Y17


Hat and scarf: R43, R24, R46


On the background:
Colours:  B23, B24, B26, B32, BV02

First I marked where I wanted to start the background, using N1


Taking the B32 I used a flicking motion to add colour upwards, starting from where I marked it with the N1. 


Next I added B23, upwards from the N1 and downwards from the top of the paper. 


I applied some BV02


In turn, each time using a darker colour, 
I kept adding more depth until I was happy with the shading, also adding some BV02


Using N1, N3 and 0 I shaded the ground. 


Cut the image down to size, mat it, and pop on the front of a card base. 


You can also add snow by applying some white gel pen, if desired. 


Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed this tutorial
Sandie