Followers

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

various ink on a gelli-plate

Hi Everyone, it's Miranda here.

Did you know that you can use your Various Ink on a Gelli-plate? This technique is really easy and fun.

What do you need?
An alcohol based hand sanitiser
A Gelli-plate
Several colours of Various Ink
A Brayer
Derwent Inktense blocks and a small grater




Put a thick layer of the hand sanitiser on your Gelli-plate.



Take three different colours of Various Ink and add a few drops to the hand sanitiser. To blend the colours a litttle more you can move the Gelli-plate a tiny bit around.

Use the grater and a colour of the Derwent Inktense blocks and make some crumbs on the Various Ink. Put a sheet of paper on the gelli-plate and make a print.



 And this is the print you'll get. I really love this grungy background technique and adding some Inktense crumbs really adds some extra depth.

The next  two photographs show you some of the backgrounds I created using this technique.




I decided to use two of the backgrounds in my art journal to create some pages.
I coloured some fabulous images by Vera Lane Studios. In the next photographs I will show you in detail how I have coloured one of the images. The other images are coloured in the same way.


For the skin add a thin layer of E50.


Next use the BV00 for shading.


Add a layer of E00. This will make the cool shadow look a bit warmer.


Then blend all the previous layers together with the E0000.
I might decide later to add some more W1 and BV00 to make the shadows darker, but I normally will do this after I coloured the rest, becaue otherwise you might make them too dark.


Use B04 for the dress. 


For the darker parts add some B09 and B39. Blend all colours together with the B04. 
Use the same colours for the eyes. 



The hair was quite a challenge. It was just one big area. So I started by adding a thin layer of Y13.


Next layer is Y19, a little bit darker. 


Add some YR24  and W1 for more depth. 


For the blood and the scar I used R14, R59 and B39.


And this is the finished page using the Various Ink Gelli-plate background and the Vera Lane images (Alice in Wonderland). 


And this is another page I have created in the same way as the Alice in Wonderland page.

I hope you have enjoyed my post and that is has inspired you to get crafty.

Have a great day.

Miranda x

No comments: