Followers

Friday, October 28, 2022

A Sassy Halloween

Hi girls!
Helen here, hoping to inspire you all today to color that Halloween card you might haven´t done yet.
I don´t have a Halloween image, but I got inspired by this image and used orange, purple and green to get the feeling for the holiday. It mustn´t be scary, it can be sweet as well, the feeling comes with the colors.

The image, Sassy, is from Mo Manning and it is stamped on Perfect Coloring Paper with Memento ink.


I started on another paper but I didn´t get the cheeks right, so when I started again, I started with the hair, and of course I forgot to take photos of each step.


For the hair I used: YR21 - E97 - E99 - E18


This time I colored in a different way. I use to start with my lightest shade and cover the whole area, but this time I started with the parts I wanted a red tint on, used R00.



On top of the R00 I went in with E000 and covered all skinparts.



Then I used BV20 for the deepest shadows.



On top of the BV20 I went in with E53.
The purple will end up with a nice contrast to the skincolor and when you wash it with another E-color on top, the blueness tends to disapear, and you end up with a nice deapth in your shades.
Right now the contrast is hard, but I know that when I´m finish I will have a nice shade and not so much contrast.



Blending with E50.



Blending with E0000.
And her lips got R00 - E04



I really don´t like the color purple. So there are very few shades in my stash.
I wanted three shades but as I put down RV95 I realised that I wouldn´t blent it together with V17 for my satisfaction.
So, I have covered the t-shirt with a layer of RV95 and on top of it I went in with V17 and covered that up. For some shades I used V09. The white  piece got some C3 on it.


For her pants I started with YR21.


My darkest tone is YR07 and my midtone is YR14, and some shading with Y26.
The details on the pants has YG61 - YG63.
Shoes: C5 - C7
Socks: W00 - W1 - W3


The grass is: YG11 - YG61 - YG63 - YG67.
And some airdetails; BG70 - BG72.


Hope you enjoyed it.
Wishing you a sweet Hallloween!
Love Helen

No comments: