Followers

Monday, August 5, 2019

Textured Clothing

Hi everyone. Today I'm sharing how I add texture on a 'fur' coat. The image I'm using is Zodiac Girl Leo from Stamping Bella. 


First I colour the skin and hair. I use my go-to colours for skin - E00, E11, E04. I didn't add any cheek colour on this image. I also started with the darkest colour and worked to the lightest. I know some people like to do the opposite but this way works better for me. 




For the hair I used E70, E71, E74 and E77. I started with a mid tone, E74, then I dragged that out with some E71. I added the E77 and then went back with the E74/E71. I like to play around a little with it until I'm happy with the colour. I covered all the white space with E70




For the "lion's coat" I am using they Y family - Y21, Y23, Y26 and Y28. 


Again, I use the darkest colour, Y28, to map my shaded areas. I make dots instead of brush strokes. 


Then I add more dots in Y26. 


I completely cover the coat in Y23 dots and then I go back in with Y26 to fill out the colour. 



Lastly, I use the Y28 again and go over the darkest areas. I also use these colours for the lions ears. 


I used the same colour for the boots as I did for the hair, to tie in all the colours. 


Finally, I add some shading on the ground using N1 and N3 and I blend them out with 0. Now she's ready to pop on a card. 



Thanks for dropping by and I hope you're inspired to take out your markers today. 
Sandie
xXx

3 comments:

Margreet said...

Marvellous. Thanks for the explaining photos.
xxx Margreet

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

It's a lovely card.
Hugs Miranda

Sandra H said...

This is beautiful and the tutorial is brilliant thank you for sharing it x