Followers

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

On My Mind


Hi Everyone, it's Faye here today and I thought I'd share something using nice, bright, summery colours...


The image is called On My Mind and it's been drawn by Jeremiah Ketner. I love his art as it really gives you a chance to get to grips with smooth colouring and facial details like shading for noses and the iris of the eyes. And let's not forget about the hair! 

I also coloured the background by hand, rather than using an Airbrush. Firstly, I laid down a rough and messy base coat of Y11. Working from the edge of the paper, I then added a second layer of colour, using Y13 and a dabbing, smooshy action. I didn't go right up to the edge of the image. I waited for this layer to dry and then repeated several times, using Y13 and not coming in as close to the image each time. Finally, just around the edge of the paper, I added some random dots of Y19. 


Copics Used...
Background; Y11, Y13, YR24
Skin; E50, E51, E21, E11, E71
Hair; E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Eye Whites; B63, B66
Yellow; Y13, Y19, YR24
Blue; B34, B37
Pink; RV91, R81, R83, R85
Red; R43,R35, R37, R39, W5

Thanks you so much for stopping by... Have a great day.

3 comments:

ike said...

Absolutely STUNNING - I adore this !! :-D Your colouring is awesome :-)

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! You are the queen of copics, Faye! Thank you for the inspiration! Elizabeth xx

Debra K. said...

Outstanding! A fabulously coloured image. Debra x