Followers

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Stronger´s rules

Hi there Copic loversElena F here from Scrap-lanak Ganbaran.

I made a shaker card staying out of my "comfort zone". I made a marble style sea background, using Copic Refills.

Here is the finished project picture, but after that, you've got step by step pictures on how I  made the background and at the end of the post, a few step pictures to see how I coloured the fish.



For the background I used my Copic refills.

Starting my background with: B000, BG72, BG53.



Then I added an activator sprayed as the alcohol ink dries so fast.


Time to cover more of the desired area by adding more drops of BG10 and B93 here and there.



More light covering with B000 and a bit more activator to get the ink to run.



I splatted some gold pigment on the entire background to add more interest.


To finish I took my Multiliner and Copic Opaque White to add some random contrast between different ink marbles. I saw a similar design on Instagram and I found it very interesting so I went for it. Now my background is done.


To make my shaker I stamped my sea life design on acetate with Stazon black ink.


I coloured the fish a little, as they are the focus on the design. Be sure you colour on the reverse of the stamping - Stazon is not compatible with Copics.



 On acetate you can't blend like on colouring paper, but this colouring is only to make the fish pop a little.


Still on the reverse of the stamping, I painted in Opaque White, the water bubbles to finish with this acetate window.


I coloured all the fish in the same way so I'm going to show you in steps how I coloured one of them.
Starting deepest colour with RV66.


Blend with medium tone RV55.


 Covering lightest areas with RV32.


Repeat these three steps again to add more depth.


 Covering spots with V09.


I coloured the fish tails in green. My first choice was violet but I thought this would be too dark, so I swapped to green, starting with lightest YG21.


 Medium tone YG23.


Some touches of G94 on the deepest areas of tails.


Don´t forget to repeat these steps again to blend colouring well.

Hope you enjoyed this post.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end!


No comments: