Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Thinking of you

Good morning  all Copic lovers, here is Sandra from Italy how  goes  in your countries?
In Italy these days came the snow. Finally came the real winter season because temperatures until now were more  like autumn than  winter. Really a situation a bit strange!
So to warm up a bit  our hearts  I decided to make a card for Valentine's Day that will be in a couple of weeks.
I chose the digital stamp "Gardenia" from Aurora Wings. This stamp is really wonderful, beautiful, elegant, chic ... Describe it is  almost useless. The stamp shows itself  all its beauty!
I chose  to color the Gardenias (flower which I love) respecting real colors, so very soft colors.
The flowers of the Gardenia in nature are white, maximum yellowish or very light green.

So I go with a base tones from  W family, and only then I added a little green shades with the  G20.
Then, I wanted to create a strong contrast with the delicate colors of the flowers and so  I go  with nice bright colors for the hair.
I really like the result, and to embellish and complement the character I applied over the pearls a little of Rock candy Stickles glitter from  Ranger.
The card is made with bazzil, pattern Maja Design,  La La LandCraft die and  Ranger stickles. The sentiment is a stamp Avery Elley.
Thank you for having me followed, I hope you enjoyed my project and I wish you all a romantic Valentine's Day.

Hugs, 
Sandra

Copic used:
Skin: E 000/00/01/11/93 +  R 20 / 22
Eyes: G000 / 00/02
Hair: YR 12/14/18 + E 08/18
Pearls: N 0/1/3
Gardenia:  W 5/3/1/0 + G 20
Leaves: G 20/24 + YG 61

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This beautiful card, coloured so expertly, is going straight onto my Pinterest board! It's stunning Sandra! x

Unknown said...

Thank you a lot Vivienne !!
Hugs
Sandra

Becky said...

Yes she is stunning and your coloring of her is stunning too.
I am from RI and we got a lot of snow, I have been digging my self out for 2 hours and finally had to hire some one with a snow blower to come and do it. It is over whelming.

Sirpa said...

really really beautiful!

Adri Myburgh said...

Beautiful love the colors...so pleasureful.

Unknown said...

Thank you all ladies !
Hugs
Sandra