Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Facial features - Tutorial

Hi there everyone, Åsa here today with some copic inspiration.

Im going to show how I do when I colour skin/faces, and especially how to add those facial features.
Here we go...


I almost always use Copic colors E11- E21- E00 - E000 to skin, and R20 -R11 for cheeks.

 I always start with the lightest color ( E000 ) , to guide myself. Here I start by marking out the area of ​​the face which then will be the darkest, and thus marked as blush / cheekbones.

 Then I go in, in the same place ( but not quite as long) with the darkest colour ( E11) .

 In the next step , I take the second darkest colour ( E21 ) and go over the same area , but then another little bit further. I am constantly careful to follow the facial lines and marking out the cheekbones under the eye .

In the next step , I go back a bit further with the second- brightest colour ( E00 ) . But I make sure to save a bit far out on the face ... 


.... which I then fill the rest with the brightest one ( E000 ) 


Then it's time to highlight the cheekbones a little more, and I do that the with R20.


And then I go over with the little brighter R11 , and drags it out a bit further.

Now just to color the rest of the skin in the same way - that's it ! You are finished.

Here you can see the finished card.
I have used papers from K-design.


The image is from Aurora Wings, and I have used the following copic:
Skin: E11-21-00-000-R20-11
Hair: E57-55-53-51 / V95-91-01-000
Stars: BG72-71-70
Confetti shadow: E42-41-BG71-70-V91

I hope you like it - Have a wonderful Sunday.

11 comments:

Aileen said...

Thank you so much for the mini tutorial. I have a couple of these images waiting to be coloured. The card is beautiful.

LisaVeronica said...

snyggt, tack! visa den på aurora wings sida på facebook (y)

LisaVeronica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shazza said...

stunning colouring x

Gea said...

thanks for the tutorial, lovely card!

Cathy P said...

Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial. I'll come back to it again and again. Beautiful card.

Sandra H said...

This is stunning and thank you for sharing your colouring skills x

Diny Sprakel said...

Great explanation Asa, will try to do it your way, hugs Diny

Unknown said...

Thank you Asa! I copied it into my tutorial file for Copic colouring.... Love it!

Cards By Jan said...

Awesome tutorial on the face....I always struggle there.so tyvm!!

Fawn Palmer said...

Very beautifully done! Thank you for sharing!