Followers

Monday, May 28, 2018

Angel love


Hi there Copic loversElena F here from Scrap-lanak Ganbaran.

I made my very first art journal page staying out of my "comfort zone", using Copic Refills to make my copic gelliplate printed and foiled background.

Here is the finished project picture, but after that, you've got a few step pictures on how I  made the background and at the end of the post, a few step pictures to see how I coloured the angel.

(You can click the picture to make it larger)



For the background I used my Copic Refills and a large size gelliplate, inspired by You tube and videos by Diny Sprakel using this ink on gelliplate.

Add a few drops of Copic Refills in different colours on the gelliplate; you have to work quickly because alcohol inks evaporate quite quickly.

I used RV69, 63, R89, 83


Let dry completely your desired design and then add a thin layer of acrylic paint with your brayer; I choose white paint.


Well....nothing new until this step.
...but....why not FOIL your background?????

I found one simple background I love and I printed directly onto my gelli impression background (once the impression was completely DRY) with my laser printer:


....and finally I foiled it using my laminating machine and rose gold foil to match the colours of my background.

I´m being surprised when I discover the biggest and darkest Copic refill drops got foiled when blended with the ink from the hot of the machine as you can see in the detailed picture of the stamp at the top of this post.


I masked the stamp to bring some wings to my angel stamp using post-it or any adhesive paper sheet:



Then I colour my stamp as you can see in the next step pictures:

Love to colour skin in E0000, 00, 21, 11 and 13.


Then I colour in brown-reddish her hair using  E18,17,15 and 13.


For the feather dress I choose to colour slightly pink so I started colouring the darkest areas with a medium warm grey in W4.

As you can see the marker dropped ink into my dress but there is nothing impossible to fix so I decided to continue this time to see if I can fix it.


I added a few touches of R83 to the feathers.


I went back to greys and using W5 I coloured again the darkest zones to get more depth on the dress.


 A few touches with R83 to blend greys a little.


  A few touches with R81 to expand a bit of pink colour to the end of each feather.


Finally blending with W1.


Repeat steps until you are satisfied with the result. The ink drop on the dress is now almost invisible.

I decided give to the wings of the angel a light colour to make them appear translucent using 
BG000, BV00 and BV11.


Finally, I fussy cut the image to emphasize her on my project.

I added some die cuts, some stamping, I make the faux stitching using a Copic multiliner....and It´s done.

The list of markers I've used to colour the image:

Skin: E0000, 00, 21, 11, 13
Hair: E18, 17, 15, 13
Dress: W5,3,1 R83, 81
Wings: BG000, BV00 and BV11
Copic multiliners

I hope you found this post inspiring.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end!





2 comments:

Debra K. said...

Fabulous! What company is the angel from? Debra x

Elena F Scrap said...

Thanks Debra. The stamp is a cling one from Carabelle Studio called "An angel to love" edited in at least 3 languajes.