Followers

Saturday, May 26, 2018

BLOOM

Hi Copic friends,
this month I've made a small MDF album using my new stamp line for Studio Light. All the images are coloured with Copic Markers of course.
 I have made a lot of photographs to show you how I coloured the images and which colours I have used.

A summary of the used colours:
BG:01, 05, 07
FBG2
V:0000, 01, 04,05,06,09, 12
RV: 000, 02, 04, 06, 09
YG: 03,17,67
E: 0000, 00, 50


I used a special technique called acrylic liquid pouring to make the backgrounds of my album. 


Start with the lightest colours BG01 and FBG2. Add a little BG05 and BG07, and blend all layers together with BG01. 
For the small petals I start with V04.


Add some V05 and V06. And blend all the layers with V04.


The outer petals will get the same colours from the BG group I have used previously.
The small leaves will be green. Start with  YG03. Add some YG17 and YG67.  Blend all layers together with YG03.
This is absolutely my favorite green combination.  


This sunflower will be pink. Again I start with the lightest colour first, the RV02. Add  RV04 and  RV06 and blend all the layers together with RV02. 


To get a darker pink start with RV04. Add  RV06 and RV09 and blend all the layers with RV04.

In the end I also used the RV000 for blending the layers together, but that sort of bleached out the dark ones. So I added the V02 and 04 again to gain a smooth transition. And that's what I love about the Copics, you can add many layers and still get a good result. 


The leaves again, start with YG03. Add YG17 and YG67.  In between layers I don't worry about blending. I add all the layers first and in the end I blend them all together in one go. 


The toadstool will be a violet purple. I use the V group and start with the V04. add V05 and V06 , blend together withV04. 


For the lightest parts of the toadstool I use a very light violet. V0000 and V01. 


The last flower will be blue with purple. I use BG 01, FBG2, BG05 and BG07 from the BG group and V04, V05 and V06 from the V group. 

Cut out all the images and glue them in your album. 
Every other page I painted black (mmmm this reminds me of a song....) and doodled on those pages. 

Here are the pages in my small album:









And a short video of the album together...



See you next month,

Miranda van den Bosch

No comments: