Followers

Monday, June 24, 2019

Home Sweet Gnome

Hi and welcome! Today I have another quick colouring tutorial to share. 
The stamp I used is Gnome Home from Stamping Bella. 


I started by colouring up the little gnome character first. On her skin I used my go-to colours E00, E11, E04. 


On her hair I used E71, E74 and E77


On the hat and hair bows - RV63, RV55 and RV66


On her shirt I used BG13 and BG15. To create the wood effect on the windows and doors I used E30, E33 and E35, and made fine strokes with each colour. I used E30 to fill in the lightest areas and then reapplied fine strokes of E35 


For the bottom part of the toadstool house I used E41, E42, and E43. I started with the E43 in the shaded areas and worked to the lightest colours as there were lots of elements to work around and I didn't want to keep going back to those areas. 


On the top part of the toadstool house I used R43, R24 and R46 as my light to dark shades. When I had the red completed I added some E42 and E43 to the white spots. 


C1 and C3 are the colours I used mostly for metal, and I blend them with 0.  I also used these colours to shade around the gnome and windows, and on the stone outside the door. 


Next I coloured the flowers using Y15 and Y17 in the centres and BG11 and BG13 for the petals. 


The colours I used for the grass are not typical grass colours but I liked how they looked. I first went to all the darkest areas with YG17 and then pulled it out with YG06.  Next I applied some YG23 and finally YG01 as the lightest shade. To get rid of the harsh outer lines I blend out the line with 0. 
This technique also works really well with shadows on the ground and, when using greys, it creates a concrete/cement appearance. 


With the image now ready for a card, I cut at the bottom using a curved die. 


I hope you enjoyed todays tutorial and maybe even learned something new. 
Thanks for dropping by. 
Sandie
xXx

No comments: