Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2018

handlettering

The past few weeks I was enjoying my holidays and because I didn't have any travelling plans I bought myself a few online classes. One of them was by the wonderful Joanne Sharpe, a superb handlettering artist.
And guess what, Copic Markers are perfect for handlettering.



Before I start I make a sketch of the quote I want to use in my project. 





For the next step I use a sheet of stonepaper and a few nice colours of Copic Various Ink. Stone paper is a strong paper and perfect for alcohol inks. 


Drip the colours on your paper and add some Activator to blend the colours more easily.


I like to move the paper around a bit to blend the colours. Add some more Various Inks for darker/ brighter colours or add some more Activator to blend the colours or make them lighter. Just play a bit until you are satisfied with the result.  



I use a  lightbox to add the sketch (which I have made earlier - step 1) to the stone paper. For tracing the letters I use a Copic Multiliner. While tracing the letters I alter them as well. 
 In the next few photographs I show you how I colour/ draw all the letters. Use different sizes of Copic Multiliners to get the best results.









In the end I decided to add some white too. You can use a white marker or Copic Opaque White. 


And this is the end result.

Have a fabulous weekend,

Miranda








1 comment:

Mi Pequeño Tesoro said...

How funny!! I love the bringht colours