Followers

Thursday, April 26, 2018

the beauty of your dreams

Hi lovely Copic friends.
In today's project I have combined Copic Markers with Derwent Inktense blocks. 


Make a sketch. 


I start colouring the skin, using a cool skintone, E50.


Add some shadows with the BV00.


Use a warmer skintone now, the E00.


And now it's time to blend all the layers together using the E0000.


I decided to add some more shadows with blue and grey to add more depth to my drawing. I use the  BG000 and a tiny bit of the W1.


For the eyes I use  B18, B16, B14 and B12. Start with the darkest colour first and work your way back to the lightest.  


For the lips I use RV91, RV93, RV95, RV00 and RV21.
Although I start colouring the eyes with the darkest, I start colouring the lips with the lightest colour. There is no real reason for doing this. And there is no wrong or right way, I think, just what you like best. 


Time to colour the hair.
I start with RV21 and V12. 


Add some  BG000.


Next some YG11.


Blend the colours together with E000.


For more depth I use a darker hue of every colour I already used. I start with V15.


Add RV23, BG01 and YG13. 


Blend all the colours together with E000. 
For her sweater I start with RV21. 


Add more depth with RV23.


Blend all the colours together with RV00. 


For more definition I add some colouring pencils.


Now it's time to add some black markers for the eyes and eyelashes. 


Also use some white to add highlights in her eyes and hair. 


The background is coloured with Derwent Inktense Blocks, some stamps and stencils.
I found this wonderful quote on the internet.

See you next time,
Miranda

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my word- Miranda this is absolutely stunningly beautiful - you are so very talented, I love this.
Sue...xxx

Juanita said...

Absolutly great!

Rosmarie said...

Fabulous coloring and step by step!
Rosi x