Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Enhancing your Copic colouring


Hello everyone! It's Delphine here today to share a Copic make. I thought I would make a CAS card coloured in Copics and show how to enhance your Copic colouring by adding details to it using other media. 

The image I'm using is called Grooving Jasmine by Make it Crafty.


I first cropped my image in MS Word and instead of using my regular Copic paper, printed it on Canson Montval to be able to watercolour too and use other media. Please note, the watercolour paper will not react the same way Copic paper does, the ink may bleed more, the blending be less efficient, the colours may be darker too - it will all depend on the watercolour paper you choose to use. 
I coloured Grooving Jasmine completely, using the following Copics:

Skin: E000, 00, 11, 13, RV02
Hair: 100, BV04, C7, 9
Purple: V09, 15, 17
Pink: RV02, 04, T3
Blue: B95, 97, 99
Gold: Y11, 26


I then thought I would make a simple watercolour background matching my Copic colours, so I used pink and purple Zig watercolour pens. 


I then went back to work on my image using a bit of Polychromo pencils to add a bit of depth, so I mostly added black to the purple clothes and hair, and purple to her skin. I also added some white highlights with the very thin brush of my Copic Opaque White paint. I doodled a few notes in white gel pen too. 

Image in Copics

Image with added details


And lastly, to really make my image pop, I used a Make it Crafty Chipboard frame. I coloured it using Posca pens and covered the black and pink parts in stickles. I aslo added white dots to my background using a Molotow Paint Marker and changed the colour of my notes too.


That's all from me today! Thank you very much for your visit, have a great day! Hugs,
Delphine xx

No comments: