Followers

Thursday, February 6, 2020

You are Awesome

Hi everyone. Today I am sharing a very popular technique for using Copic markers with distress oxide inks to make a great background while still only having one layer. 


The stamps I've used are Eggstraordinary Egghunt from Create A Smile Stamps. I'm also using Memento black ink and Perfect Colouring Paper. 


To prepare I first stamp the images onto masking paper and cut them out. 


Then I stamp my image onto the colouring paper and cover it with the masking paper. 


 I stamped and masked the bunny and the chick and then stamped the lamb, so he will be partially behind the other images. Layer and mask the images in whatever order you want. 


Once all the images are stamped cover them all with the masking paper. 


Secure the colouring paper to the mat/table by using low tack tape on the bottom and sides below the image, then secure a piece of card across the images, just down to the feet. Using a blending tool or brush, apply oxide inks. 


When the background colours are done to your liking, and before you remove the masking paper, splash a little bit of water and blot it to make the spotted effect. 

Remove all the masking paper and begin colouring the images. 


For these images I started with the darkest colour around the outside and worked inwards to the lightest colour. 

Chick - Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11. YR18, YR14, YR02
I added some dots for texture after I took the photo. 


Pig - R32, R22, R21, R20, R00


Lamb - N3, N1, R01, 0


Bunny - B04, B02, B01, B00, C3, C1
I also used the B01 to colour in where the ink was missing around the images. 


Finally I added some shading underneath the animals to ground them
W3, W1, 0


Stamp the sentiment and mount the image onto a card base using foam tape. 


Thanks for dropping by today!
Sandie