Followers

Friday, December 15, 2017

Smooth Hair with Texture

Hi everyone, it's Faye here today :)

With Christmas fast approaching, I find I enjoy spending a bit of time colouring something that is NOT Christmassy!

So, today, I thought I would share how I break hair into sections and colour it smoothly, but still show texture. I'm using one of my favourite images from Whimsy Stamps, she's called From Me To You.

Are you ready? Let's go...


First of all, I lay down my lightest colour, YR12, to plan where my darker areas will go. I like to use the lightest colour, because if I change my mind about where I want the colour to eventually go, I can use darker colours to disguise it. Laying down the lighter ink, also gives the next colour something to sit on rather than sinking into the fibres of the paper. This makes it easier to blend the darker colours.


Now I am going to work section by section, as I find it easier to blend the colours when they are nice and wet. I am jumping up to my darkest colour on this part of the hair, which is YR18.


YR14.


YR12.


Now I am working on the top section of the hair, so it's back to my darkest colour for this area, which is again YR18.



YR14.


YR12.


It's the same process for the final front two sections of hair on the right (her left) of the head. First YR18.


YR14.


YR12.


To make the remaining sections of hair pop back, I am going to bring in a new darker colour, E09.


YR18.


YR14.



Now for the sections of hair that are tucked behind. I will start with E09.


Finish with YR14.


At this point I like to go back and smooth out any areas I think are not blended well and add some extra shading to give a nice, rich finish.


Here she is, all done.


Copics Used...
Skin; E0000, E000, E00, E70
Eyes; N1, N3, G24, G46
White Blouse; N0, N1, N3
Green Envelope; G20, YG61, G21
Red Hearts; R43, R35, R37

Thanks so much for stopping by... Have a great day.

No comments: