Followers

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Christmas Hugs!


Hello everyone! It's Delphine here to share some Christmas love! For my card today, I used a sweet couple of hedgehogs from the Penny Black Christmas Hugs stamp set.


I die cut my image with an MFT oval die and started colouring the background.  Oh and why should the sky always be blue ;)? I decided to go purple-pink for a change and used BV000 and V01 for a pastel sky.


I then decided to fill the background a little, so I added trees in the same shade as the purple of my sky just a bit darker, with BV00. 


Next I coloured the skin (E000, 0000) and clothes of my hedgehogs. I used V09, 15, 17 for the dark purple, and V01, 04, 06 for the light purple. The red colour of the boots and scarf was done using R35, 37, 39 and C5 for more depth. The gloves are R22, 24, 27. 


I coloured the hedgehogs' backs in W3, 5, 7. I then continued with the white fur using C0, 1, 3 and I added some shadows - as you can see below the scarves for example.


Lastly, I grounded my critters using C1, 3 and the pink from my sky V01. 

Here is the list of all the markers I used for my image: 

Sky and trees: BV000, 00, V01
Snow: C1, 3, V01
Hedgehogs: C0, 1, 3, E000, 0000, W3, 5, 7
Purple: V09, 15, 17
Light purple: V01, 04, 06
Dark red: C5, R35, 37, 39
Light red: R22, 24, 27


I wanted to frame my image so I painted a Make it Crafty Scribble Snowflake Oval Frame chipboard with a white Molotow pen.


I am really into chipboard so I chose a chipboard sentiment too. The bottom layer is coloured in white paint again to match the frame, and the red word is Copics. I love that I can use my markers not just on paper only - and here I wanted to achieve a blended look on my chipboard word so I used R35, 37, 39. I then put Star Dust Stickles on my sentiment.


And here is the finished card! I mounted my frame on Doodlebug DPs and added gold to my frame with acrylic paint, 3 little stars and a chipboard heart coloured in Copics and covered in glitter. 

That's all from me today! Thank you very much for your visit, have a great weekend! Hugs,
Delphine xx

No comments: