Followers

Saturday, July 22, 2017

mermaids don't lose sleep

I love colouring mermaids...they have so many wonderful details to colour. Don't you think so too?


I always start with using the E50 first, a yellowish skin tone. After the E50 I used the BV00. I don't worry about blending the colours at this stage of the colouring. So it may look a bit rough at the moment. 


To get a warmer skin tone, I add a layer of E00.


And now it's time to blend all the colours together. Use the E000 and E0000 to get a smooth blend. 


I printed this lovely image by Hannah Lynn in grey tones. I used a Copic Multiliner 1.0 to make the eyelashes and eyebrows black. The eyes pop out more this way. 
The eyes are purple too, I used V28, 25 and 22.


Time to start colouring the hair. Hannah Lynn's images always have a wavy hairstyle, with a lot of hair to colour. I used the V28 first. Use this deep purple colour on the darkest parts of the mermaid's hair. Than add the V25 and the V22. 


After I finished the hair, I thought it looked a bit dull. To get it more sparkly I used some V12 and V15 too. 



For her lips, use the V12 and V15 again. 
For her top use the B29 and B28. 


The little turtle is coloured with BG34, BG49, YG03 and YG67.
Use the same colours for the leaves.

For the mermaid's tail use B21, B24, B26, B28 and B29. And for the green parts, use the BG34 and BG49. 

After all the colouring work with the Copics was finished, I decided to add some coloured pencils, to get some more details. I used the new Derwent Procolours. 



I glued the mermaid on a art journal background. The quote was found on the Internet.

See you next time,
Miranda







No comments: