Followers

Monday, October 26, 2015

Spooky Birthday

 

Hi Everyone, it's Faye here today :)


With Halloween nearly upon us, I thought it would be a good time to colour a Witch. This rather gorgeous one is from Tiddly Inks and she insisted I give her a dark Airbrushed Background to stand on. She had her cauldron with her at the time, so I thought it best not to argue. 

Normally when I Airbrush, I cut a mask out of scrap paper, attach it to my image and then spray happily away, before removing the mask. However, this time, I had a go with Masking Fluid, which I have wanted to try for a while. It was probably easier to use than cutting a mask, but I did find it damaged the fibre of the card when I rubbed it off, and I had to be careful when I coloured after.

And one more thing. If you have a white desk, make sure you fully cover it with paper, before you Airbrush with T5. Just sayin'.


So, after I doodled a border and some cobwebs, I thought I was all done, took my photo's, edited them and then I was looking at the card. Yes, I thought, it really would look much better if I added some white Gel Pen to those cobwebs...


See, told you!

Markers Used...
Background/ Ground; T3, T5, T7
Skin; E000, E00, E01, E11, E71
Hair; YR12, YR14, YR18, E08, E29
Green; YG21, YG03, YG17, YG67
Purple; V12, V15, V17, V09

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Edith said...

Wow, beautifully coloured! Love it!
Edith

Christine L said...

Having seen this 'in real life' - I KNOW how wonderful it is! Now.... where's my airbrush.... and my massive piece of plastic to put over my desk!

Hugs
Christine x

Linda Levoir said...

I agree, the white gel certainly adds that extra pop. Love your witch and yes, always best not to argue with one, it's so hard to colour with webbed toes :) xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments :) xx