Followers

Monday, April 26, 2021

Spotlight on Copic Yellows & a Tiddly Inks video!

Hello everyone! It's Delphine here today to share some Yellow inspiration! At the end of every month, I  post a card featuring one colour family and I picked Ys for today's post. I really like focussing on one colour family, I am clearly NOT a Yellow person and rarely use them, so it's nice to push myself out of my comfort zone! 

There are 12 Y Ciao and 20 Y Sketch markers. My card today uses Y02, 06, 11, 15, 21, 35, 38. You don't need to have ALL markers to get good results, just pick a few and use them for different parts of your image, or just by changing one marker in your combo:) Here is my final card:


The image I used is by Tiddly Inks, called Wryn Ducky Dance. Of course, thinking of yellows, my first thought went to ducks ;) I printed my image and die cut it with an MFT die, then coloured it in Copics. The DPs I used are by Doodlebug.

You can see the whole colouring process below:

Just a few tips and remarks:

- Note how I shaded my Yellow with a light BV on my ducks, a purplish colour works well for shading yellow.
- I put a bit of yellow here and there to have some harmony in my whole image: a touch of yellow on her boots, as if they were slightly tinted by all the yellow around, a bit of Y21 in the background, of course a yellow umbrella with some markers already used for the ducks (Y38, and Y15 replaced by Y35) and a couple more for a nice slight difference (Y06, 02). I also put a touch of yellow highlight in Wryn's hair.
- I matched my yellow markers with BV markers, yellow and purple are complementary so will always work well together. You find complementary colours on the colour wheel, they are opposite each other;)
- For the rain, don't be afraid to add a few strokes of any light blue colour across your image - it's a bit scary, but you will get a nice suggestion of falling rain. Also, you can add a few lines with a white gel pen, which I did in the bottom part of my image to suggest rain, and I also added a bit of white on the ground if you look closely :)

Here is a close up on the image and the list of all Copics I used:


Skin: BV00, E000, 00, 11
Hair: E35, 39, Y21
Clothes: BV08, 13, 17 
Boots: E31, 33, 35, 39, Y11
Umbrella: E33, 39, Y02, 06, 35, 38
Ducks: BV02, E33, 35, Y11, 15, 38
Ground: B60, E41, 43
Background: E31, 33, 50, Y21
Rain: B60


That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by! Hugs,
Delphine xx

1 comment:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com