Followers

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Going BIG!!


Hello everyone! Delphine here today and get ready, today, I've decided to go BIG! Yes, instead of making a card, I had a frame to fill so decided why not colour a big A4 image to go in it? I used an XL Gorjuss Girl stamp, which you can see below on an A4 sheet to give you an idea. 


After stamping my Gorjuss Girl, I traced a rectangle using a Copic grey Multiliner to determine where I would stop my colouring - the idea being to just cut off some of the white edges to frame my girl in an 18x24 frame. 


I started by colouring the background without trying to blend the colours. I used V12, 15, 17. Very messy, but not a problem!


I then used my Blender 0 Refill on a natural sponge and dabbed until I was satisfied with the background. 


Now to the colouring of my girl itself - I started with the skin as usual, in YR000, 00, 01, E11, E71 and a bit of RV02 for the cheeks. 


I then focussed on the clothes using the same colour family as my background - the purple is V09, 12, 15, 17. For the black of her dress, I used C5, 7, 9 and for the socks C0, 1, 3. As you can see, I did not pay too much attention to the little dots on her dress since I knew I would cover them in gel or paint pen at the end. 


I coloured the hair using my C markers to really have harmony in the picture - so C5, 7, 9 too, as for the dress. Here is a recap of all the colours I used:

Skin: E11, 71, YR000, 00, 01, RV02
Hair: C5, 7, 9
Dress: C5, 7, 9, V09, 12, 15, 17
Socks: C0, 1, 3, V12, 15, 17
Ground: C3, 5
Background: V12, 15, 17


As a final touch, I added hearts using the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Hearts Stencil and a Pentel gel pen, and I also added a bit of white and gold highlights in Posca pen and gel pen too.

That's all from me today, thank you very much for your visit! Hugs,
Delphine xx


No comments: