Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sparkling Birthday Queen

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing an image I coloured using both Copic Markers and Copic atYOU Spica pens. The stamp I'm using is Oddball Birthday Queen from Stamping Bella


First I coloured the image with my Copics
Skin - E00, E53, E11 and E04. On the eyelids I only added a touch of E00 as I will be colouring them in a different colour later. 


For the hair on this image, I love to use bright pink! 
The colours I chose were RV14, RV17 and RV19. I started with RV14 to lay out the lines


I introduce the RV17 and RV19 and play around with them until I am happy with the colour. 


On the dress I used B12, B14, B16 and B18. Again, I take the lightest colour and mark out where I want my pleats to go. 


Going to from light to dark I introduce each of the blues. 


For the crown I used Y21 and Y26. 


Boots - N3, N5 and N7


Taking the same pink as for the hair, RV17, I colour in the stripes on the tights. 
On the cake I used E51 and E53 for the sponge, V12 and V15 for the frosting/icing, RV14 for the filling and C1 on the plate and skull. 


Once my image is fully coloured I picked matching glitter pen colours. Sky Blue and Baby Blue for the dress and Gold for the crown. I also use a white gel pen for the highlights. 


First I apply dots of glitter to the dark areas with Sky Blue. I let it dry a little in between colours and in between reapplying any of the colours. 


I then use the Baby Blue in the lighter areas - again, letting it dry before going to the white gel pen. 


I add the white gel pen to the lightest areas and I also add some crosses to give the impression of sparkle. 


I also apply the blue glitter to the eyelids and apply the Gold glitter pen and white gel pen on the crown. 


And now the image is ready for a card. I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and that it inspires you to take your markers out today. 

Sandie
xXx

No comments: