Followers

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Colour in Cool Greys!


Hello everyone! It's Delphine here today to share Black and White inspiration! It's sometimes difficult to know which markers to buy when you start your Copic collection - there are so many to choose from! - but I think buying Grey markers is always a great investment since you can use them for shading and for monochrome images. My C markers were the ones I bought very early and I never regretted that choice, I use them a lot! 

For today's post, I have chosen an image from Make it Crafty called Primrose. 


With black and white, I always try to alternate between light and dark areas so that a light colour will be next to a dark area - not too many dark areas next to each other otherwise you sometimes cannot see the drawing very well. 

So first I coloured the skin, choosing my lightest colours - I used C00, 0, 1, 2. 


Next I coloured the hair with my darkest markers - 100, C5, 7, 9. I even let a very few spots white for highlights.


The flowers were done in a light colour because most of them were next to the black hair, using C1 and C4. For the leaves, I used C5, 7, 9. 
I also added touches of light grey to the banner in C00, 0, 1 - because white is never just white and needs colouring too.


I stamped a sentiment in the banner, added a little heart chipboard and used black Bo Bunny DPs for my base. And voilĂ ! 

Thank you very much for your visit, have a fab day! Hugs,
Delphine xx

No comments: