Followers

Friday, August 18, 2017

Mermaid Love


Hello everyone! It's Delphine here today! I hope you like mermaids as much as I do because my card today is about mermaid love! The image I chose is called Mermaid Sparkles by Make it Crafty. 


As always, I coloured the skin first, using E000, 00, 04, 11. I considered the light source was coming from the top left corner of my image.


For the fin, I used an aqua/purple combination - I just love these colours! The aqua colour was done using BG09, 11, 13, 45, 49 and a bit of C7 to add more depth. The purple is my all time favourite combo of V09, 15, 17.


Then I moved to the last part of the image, colouring the leaves in BG72, 75, 78 and a bit of C7 again, the star in Y11 and Y26, and the hair in 100 black, C7, 9 and BV04 for the highlights. I then fussy cut my mermaid. 


Because the mermaid is sitting, I wanted to add something for her to sit on, so I picked a Make it Crafty Scribble Circle Chipboard Frame. I wanted silver and gold for the frame to go well with the blue and used my BV20 Copic to colour it - a grey colour with a bit of violet as in the image. I then used Faber Castell Texture pens to colour the golden stars and the pearl circles. I also covered the whole frame in Star Dust Stickles to have a lot of sparkle - sorry, the photo doesn't show well.


I glued the frame to a piece of Bo Bunny DP, put my mermaid on foam squares to sit on the frame, added a Make it Crafty Heart Chipboard coloured in R37 and did a few "pearl" dots with my texture pen. Here is a close up on the image and summary of all the colours used:


Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, R20
Hair: 100, BV04, C7, 9
Fin: BG09, 11, 13, 45, 49, C7, V09, 15, 17
Leaves and star: BG72, 75, 78, C7, Y11, 26


That's all from me today! Thank you very much for your visit, have a fab day! Hugs,
Delphine xx

No comments: