Followers

Monday, May 22, 2017

making backgrounds with various ink

Do you know that you can make some wonderful backgrounds with the Copic Marker refills (Various Ink)? Let me show you how!


Pick out some nice colours. I've used the same colours as for my image.


Drip some ink on an acetate sheet.


Use a blending tool and a piece of felt. Drip some activator on the felt and press the blending tool lightly into the ink. Move the blending tool over the acetate. Drip some more ink to get a more brighter result. 


Spritz some activator on the acetate sheet and watch what happens. The ink reacts really nicely with the activator. Just play a little with the blending tool, the ink and the activator until you are happy.


To give my creation some more definition I decided to add a border with a thick gloss gel and some sea elements. 
I coloured the gloss gel with mica powders and some black ink. 

The image I used for my creation is by Aurora Wings.
I have used the following colours for this image:

hair: RV17, 19, 55, 66, YR15, 16, Y35, R7, 14
skin: E50, 0000, 000, 00, W1,3, BV0000, 00
eyes; E44, 47, 49
shells: Y21, RV00, R11, 12,  Y0000, BG0000, YR31

have a colourful day

Miranda