Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hey there...

Hello everyone,
Sue here today with my first project for 

I am so happy to be here, it is a great honour to be part of such a wonderful and talented Design Team.

For my first project I chose one of my favourite digital images - Wryn - Watcha Doin? by Tiddly Inks.
I had such fun colouring this as I used a great Copic technique to create the pink background.
Before I coloured Wryn, the first thing I did was use my Copic marker R81 to colour the background all around her.  I used the brush tip for the detailed parts.
...and I used the chisel tip for the rest of the card.  (We don't get to use that nib very often but this is a good time to use it)!
Then I dipped a small piece of sponge into some colourless blender.  The sponge only needs a small amount of blender on it so it is a good idea to blot off the excess onto a separate piece of card.
I then dabbed the sponge all over the pink background. You can see the colourless blender bleaching out the pink colour.
It is fine to dab the sponge over the stamped image so that the effect goes right up to the edge of it.  The colourless blender will dry and you can carry on and colour with your Copics as normal.
This is what the background looks like when the colourless blender has dried.  Isn't this a lovely effect!

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.  It would be great if you could try this technique and show your cards to us at Copic Marker Europe on Facebook.
To find us just follow the link
I have coloured Wryn with some of my favourite Copic combinations. 
Skin - E71, E21, E00, E50
Hair - E70, E74, E77, E79, E29
Clothes - R32, R35, R37, R39, T5
Background - R81, Colourless Blender Refill, Sponge
Ground T1, T3, T5
Thank you for popping by.

Happy Copic colouring!

love from
Sue...xxx





1 comment:

Christine L said...

A brilliant tutorial and a technique I definitely have to try!!

Christine x