Followers

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fish Scales Tutorial


Hello! 


Today I have a little tutorial to show you how I color fish scales, or mermaid. 
I got many request for a tutorial on colouring a mermaid/ of fish tail.
So I've prepared a step by step for you. Of course I show you how to do it with your Copics.


 First use a darker color and if possible a different tone to the rest. 
My choice in this example are V-colors, but my darker color is the RV66. 
A color from an other natural blending group, for me important to have two different shades of the same color.

With my color RV66 I have drawn a fine line on the side of darkest shade. 
And then I added very small dots, I adore my brush tips!


The second step: 
I draw a fine line on the opposite side of the darkest shadows with an intermediate color,  my choice is V12. Than I added more dots around this lines, and on the darker previous side
Because I want to have a volume effect, I keep the light in the middle of the tail.
 I have a darker side down, another intermediate up to give volume.


I keep coloring with another, lighter intermediate color, I use V01. 
Added more dots on the previous color and a bit more towards the center.


The central part of my drawing is not white, I have used the V000.
Again add more dots on the above and finish paint spots all the central part of the mermaid tail.


Now repeat again, I start with the darkest outer parts. 
Dots with V06.


 I'm going to the center, using an intermediate color, added more dots with V12.


And again I use V01 for parts around the area for more light. 


And this is my card with my colored drawing. 
The digital stamp is from Tiddly Inks. 
I hope you liked it and do them in practice, summer is the best time for coloring mermaids.

Copics I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11. R20 
Hair: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44.
Tail: RV66, V01, V000, V12.
Background: BG10, BG11, BG13.

Hugs and Kisses!

6 comments:

Margreet said...

Fab tutorial...thanks for sharing! Lovely card.
xxx Margreet

scrapyfoamy said...

Thanks Cristina for the tutorial.
She's lovely! !!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and image and many thanks for the tutorial x

Marcela Esquivel said...

Thanks for the tutorial!!! Great card!!

ce8d632a-647c-11e3-94d3-000bcdcb2996 said...

Are you interested in attaining enlightenment and personal growth?

Try doing the following two yoga exercises daily:

Sodarshan Kriya Yoga

Sat Nam Kriya Yoga


Are you interested in preventing and curing cancer, Alzheimer's, high blood pressure, and many other common diseases using an inexpensive, natural indian spice called turmeric?

Take two teaspoons full of turmeric powder mixed with a cup of warm soy milk (or any kind of non-dairy milk that you'd like). Also eat 2 or 3 black peppercorns along with it, as the pepper helps your body absorb the turmeric better. You also need fat for the turmeric to be absorbed properly, which is why drinking turmeric mixed in water won't work. You have to drink it with milk or some fatty based liquid. Do this twice a day and you will start to feel amazing within a couple of weeks.


Lastly, please read the following two ancient indian scriptures which talk about the divine love of God:

Ananda Vrindavan Campu PDF

Govinda Lilamrta PDF


If you have any questions about yoga, meditation, spirituality, or natural cures, feel free to email me at delugar@mail2tor.com

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Brilliant. I want to colour a mermaid now x