Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Coloring wood

Hello there Copic fans!





It's Keren here, in this Sunday morning, with a new copic creation.

 For this project I used the digital image "A little birdie told me".

The girl in the image is leaning over a big wood windowsill, 
so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show you how I color wood.


I choose a bunch of browns E40, E42, E44, E47, E35, and start coloring...
With my E40  laid my firs layer, coloring all the wood area.


Than with my E42 I laid some strokes of color over the wood Lines.


And did the same withe my E44, 
I also colored the areas I wanted to be darker or for shading.


I made everything even by coloring again with the E40, to combine it all together.

And laid some more strokes of color with E44.


And with E47.


And with E35
If your page getting too wet with ink, let it rest for awhile, before adding more layers.
You can keep adding more layers until you are satisfied with the outcome.
On top of everything I flicked over with my E42. 



Here is the complete colored image and my card.



 
Copic's:
Face: E0000, E000, E00, E21, R20
Hair: Y21, 23, Y26, Y28
Clothes: R81, R83, R85, R89
Windowsill: E40, E42, E44, E47, E35
Background: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
Bird: YG00, YG21, YG23, YG25, BG32, R05

I hope you're inspired by visiting our blog
   I wood love to read your comments




9 comments:

Margreet said...

What a beautiful colours
Hugs Margreet

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Great work! LOVE IT!

Marian said...

Prachtig
Groetjes

Mojca said...

Waaaaaw! Thank you for a great demonstration. The card is so beautiful. hugs! Mojca

Muuske said...

Wauw wat een prachtige kaart.bedankt voor de uitleg.groetjes Margo.

Cinzia C. said...

What a great tutorial Keren. And the coloured image is so enchanting!!
Great work!!

Hugs
Cinzia x

Franz♥ said...

Fab tutorial Karen, thanks for sharing! This card is toooo lovely, love the wood sentiment!

Hugs, Franz.

Kjersti said...

A beautiful card Keren, and a fabulous tutorial - love how the windowsill turned out!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Siv said...

Love this, Keren :) Big hug from Siv