Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hairy Situation

Hello copic-lovers and happy New Year!
***
 Hallo Copic-Freunde und ein frohes Neues Jahr!

 

It's Franz here with another colourful project.
***
Hier ist Franz für euch mit einem farbenfrohen Projekt.


Today I’ve chosen an image from the talented Krista Smith (Saturated Canary) called “Hairy situation”, not hard to guess why!
***
Heute habe ich ein Motiv der talentierten Krista Smith (Saturated Canary) namens “Hairy situation” (haarige Situation) ausgesucht, es ist nicht schwer zu erraten, warum!



I’ve chosen this image because I love challenges and my challenge to face today is definetely colouring her hair :) I’ve been so lucky to read and experiment a fab tutorial written by Zoe from Make it Crafty and if the result is so far from what she achieved, I’m quite satisfied on how this lovely girl’s hair turns out…
***
Ich habe dieses Motiv ausgesucht, weil ich Herausforderungen liebe und meine Herausforderung für heute ist es definitiv ihre Haare zu kolorieren:) Ich hatte das Glück, ein fabelhaftes Tutorial von Zoe von Make it Crafty zu lesen und auszuprobieren und wenn auch das Ergebnis weit von dem entfernt ist, was sie erreicht, bin ich doch ganz zufrieden damit, wie ich die Haare des süßen Mädchens hinbekommen habe....



I’ve used five markers to give her hair this aspect: E50 for the lightest portions, E21-E25-E29 and E49 for the darkest parts.

First of all, I’ve coloured up the image using one of my favourite brown colour combo: E21-E25-E29 and I left uncolored the lightest strands, only at the end I added the hilights with my E50 and the darkest shadows with E49. I’ve tried to separate the single strands to have the streaks effect; you’ve to be very carefull and light handed if you want to try and I admit that I taken ages to do it :)
***
Ich habe fünf Marker verwendet, um in ihrem Haar diese Effekte zu erreichen: E50 für die hellsten Stellen, E21-E25-E29 und E49 für den dunkelsten Teil.
Zuallererst habe ich das Motiv mit meiner Lieblingskombination für braun koloriert:
E21-E25-E29. Die hellsten Strähnen habe ich unkoloriert gelassen, erst am Ende habe ich mit meinem E50 Lichtreflexe und die dunkelsten Schatten mit E49
hinzugefügt. Ich habe versucht, die einzelnen Stränge zu trennen, um einen strähnigen Effekt zu erreichen; man muss das vorsichtig und mit leichten Hand versuchen und ich gebe zu, es hat Ewigkeiten gedauert :)




This is a close up of the image,
I've used some blender on her trousers to try to give them a "dirty effect" like a real jeans fabric.
***
Das ist eine Nahaufnahme des Motivs, ich habe an der Hose etwas Colourless Blender verwendet, um ihr einen "schmutzigen Effekt" zu geben wie bei echtem Jeansstoff.


 
 





I’ve used papers from “Maja Design”, they are my favourite ones, because I think they’re so cute and I love the shabby effect they give to projects.

The sentiment is from Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous
***
Ich habe Papier von “Maja Design” verwendet, meine Lieblingsmarke, ich finde sie so hübsch und ich liebe den "Shabby-Effekt", den sie meinen Werken geben.
Der Textstempel ist von Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous.



This is my card recipe:
***
Hier ist mein Karten-Rezept:

Image/Motiv:

Saturated Canary - “Hairy Situation”

Papers/Papiere:

Maja Design Patterned Papers

White Canvas Bazzill cardstock

Materials/Materialien:

Cheesecloth/Verbandmull

Ribbons and flowers/Bänder und Blumen

Make it Crafty perfect colouring paper

Versafine Ink Pad “Vintage Sepia”

Tools and Dies/Werkzeuge und Schablonen:

Sizzix Big Shot

Seewing Machine/Nähmaschine

Nestabilities – “Classic Cirle LG” – “Classic Scalloped Circle LG”

Magnolia die “So wrapped lovely”;


Copics:

Skin/Haut: E0000-E000-E00-E11 + R000-R00-R20-R81 for cheecks/für die Wangen

Hair/Haare: E50-E21-E25-E29-E49

Eyes/Augen: B34-B91

T-Shirt: R81-R83-R85-R59;

Trousers (Jeans): B0000-B91-B93-B95-Blender



That’s all from me today!
***
Das ist heute alles von mir!

A big hug everybody,
*** 
Einen dicken Knuddler für alle,

Franz♥

5 comments:

Leanne said...

OMG! So awesome Franz!! You did an amazing coloring job!
So cute! TFS!

Merkkari said...

WOW!!! I have this same image on my table... And I think after seeing your coloring. It will stay on the table for a very long time :D Absolutely fantastic coloring!!!

Sandra H said...

Oh this is another of your stunning cards so beautifully presented xx

Zoechaos said...

Hi, fabulous colouring love how you do it. Is there a new challenge coming please? XOXO Zoe

Riet Kamstra said...

Love it Franz, your coloring is so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!
Riet