Followers

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Little Nurse Graduation

 H e l l o !
Helen here and today I will show you one of my favorite brands of rubber stamps, Lili of the Valley.
 I just love, love, love their designs. They bring out the playfullness in me and my colouring and it feels like it takes no time to color a design. I love to by my rubber stamps used and I´m always looking for LOTV stamps as I collect them.


As always I stamped my design on Perfect Coloring Paper with some Memento Ink.


I often start with the skin, I like to see the character pop and come to life.
My go to for skin is: E000 - R00 - E11 - E50.

In the beginning of a colouring it can be difficult to understand every line in the image, as you can see here, I didn´t colour her left upper arm.


This little fellow is so cute!!
His colour is: W1 - W0 - R00 - R11.

This is one of those time I´ll start with the darker shade, as I did between his eyes to push that area back and to get the nose to stand out.


I wanted her apron to have crispiness, it should look clean and that's why I used blue shades for the shadows and not a cool gray shade.
The shade for the apron and socks is: B0000 - 0 Blender

Her hair colours are: Y000 - W00 - E30 - E42 - W3.


The red shades is: R24 - R35 - R37.
The shadows in the white stripes are: C3 - 0 Blender

The pillow got gray shadows: C00 - C2, and to make it look clean
I went in with some blue as well, used B0000 - 0 Blender

The sticking plasters shades are: E30 - E31 - E33.


Her shoes got the same red shades as the dress, but the grays are: C3 - C5.

The bottle got: BG90 - BG93 - BG96, and the label: E42- E41.

The spoon got:  C0 - C1 - C3, BG93.



The teddys cardigan: BG10 - BG13 - BG11

The shadows on the ground: C0 - C1 - C3

Added some shadows.
The socks: N3
Kerchief and apron: B91
In the dress: T5

To make the characters even come more to life, you might fill in the eyes and the nose of the teddy with a black liner pen. It will give them more intensity. And then you´ll add some highlight in that areas with a white gelly pen as well. But I haven´t done it here.

I really enjoyed to not make a  background colouring this time. To give the design total focus.

Hope you all will find time to relax and enjoy some colouring this summer.
Happy colouring til next time!

Love Helen

No comments: