Followers

Friday, April 28, 2023

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!

Hi there!
Helen here and today I want to show you a colored stamp image from
Doodle Factory and the stamp set Prehistoric.


As I always does, I used Perfect Coloring Paper and Memento Ink.


I sketched in a background.


This time I outlined my object so they blend in with the stamped image.
And I wanted a more cartoonish tree this time.


Starting of coloring the first layer of the skin with E11.


My darkest shade is E15 and the midtone is E13. He got some R00 - R02 on the cheeks.


For the hair and beard I layer in the highlights first with B24.
 

Next I added C3 for the whole beard.


And to darken the hair and beard I used C7 - C5.


For the peltry I used Y32 - YR24 - YR23.
And I didn´t stressed out trying to get a soft blending.
I knew I would add a pattern on top and if it was leather the color wouldn´t be even.


Added the pattern with E47.


The groundshades are E51 - E55 - E53.


The outside of the cave got C2. And inside I used C4 - C6 - C7 - C9.



The treetrunk is colored with E31 - E33 - E35 - E37.
I made some pattern in the darken area, just to hint that there are bark.


As I wanted the tree cartoonish, i filled the tree tops more even, not trying to define some leafs.


Scribbled in something to give the outside of the cave a surface used C4 - C2.
A shadow from the tree, C4 - C6, and my caveman, E55 - E53 - C6.
Some stones on the mark and a little grass used YG67.


I didn´t liked how the surface, spape of the wall of the cave came out when I tried to shape it.
So, I just covered it up with my sentence.
Voiala!
The receiver will not know :P

This is my first coloring of the image but I know I need to make another one.
I want to make him pale Scandinavien, red haired and in a winter scenery.

Happy coloring til next time.
Helen

No comments: