Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Fairy in Sunset

Hi ladies.

It´s time for me, Helen, to try to inspire you today.

I have used Fairy from Mo manning, and you can get her as a clear stamp here.
I´ve stamped the image with Memento Ink on Perfect Coloring Paper, which I love. It´s thick, 250g/m2 and are able to carry much ink



Sometimes I get carried away while coloring so now I realize I didn´t got the skin on photo.
But right now I´ve used E000-E50-E21-E11-R02-E04.

The first shade of green is G12.



Next steps are G16-G02 for her dress.



Moving on to her shawl.
The first shade is V01.



V17 is my shadow and V06 my mid-tone.
Some Y02 for her star in her wand.
The hair got E07-E19-YR09.



Time for the background.
And I found such lovely sunset that I wanted for this scene.
I start with pale colors to make the blending a little smoother.
I put C3 in the bottom, blending over to Y21 in the middle and blending over to V91.



I know I will put down many layers of colors so I´m not stressed out by making the coloring even.
And if you take a look at the sky you can see it´s not even in real life either.
So instead of thinking: I can´t get my coloring smooth, look around you and you´ll discover that nature are forgiving. Embrace that and give it a try .


I used V95 because I feel like I can blend the duller color easier.
So it´s just there for the transition from orange to purple.
I wanted a brighter purple so I started to blend in V01 with V95 and Y21.
And at the  top I blended V06 and V01.



Started by defining my horizon line. using YR04.



I don´t use my darkest color first, instead I´m working my way through the shades
so I can stop when it´s darken enough for me.
So from the horizon I use YR14 and blend it over to Y21. Leaving some space for the sun.



Darken it up a little more using YR09 nearest the horizon line and the clouds got some E07.



Blending the yellow, Y21, into the water with C3 for a smoother transition.
Darken the water with C5 and made some ripple on the water with C6.
I didn´t like the result of that part.
Sketch in some land and islands with C7.


I wanted her wings to be transparent, so I went in with the colors I used for the hair
and then I bleached it with my colorless blender, 00.



And I wanted to highlight her wand, so I made some circles round it with the colorless blender as well.



With the sky as I wanted it her dress came out a little pale.
So I had to darken it up with G16-G29.



For the shawl I just put in more of V17-V06.


For her skin I went in with BV20 to give it some shades.


Some sparkle from her wand made with a Gelly Roller, Dark White.





And here it is, finished.
I found a perfect sentence from My Favorite Things for my image/card.

Hope you loved it.
And we all want to see your skies and sunsets coloring at our Facebook community.
Have a nice day!

Love
Helen

 

No comments: