Followers

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Sea You Soon - Little Mermaid Friends

 Hi Ladies!

It´s Helen here, and it's my turn to show you yet another image I have coloured.


This time it´s an image from Lili of the Valley - Little mermaid friends.
I just love Lili of the Valley. They are soo fun to colour and they make me colour in a more playful way.
I used Memento ink on Perfect Colouring Paper.


Started with my lightest skin tone to moisten the paper for finer transitions.


Then I went for my shadow tint, BV20, I layered E55 on top of the BV20 and moved on to my mid-tone, E53.


For their bodies I wanted to use the feathering technique. I used my lightest colours to fade them into each other, overlapping, blending, BG11 - R81.


Used BG11 - G16 - G02 for the first fishtail.


For the torso I used R81 - R89 - R85 - R83 for shading and roundness.


The second mermaid got a feathering of yellow and a grey-blue colour. Used Y00 - BG70 for the fading, blending.


To get some depth, shape and roundness I used Y00 - Y15 - Y11 for the torso and BG70 - BG75 - BG72 for the fishtail. And as you can see I used the tint of the torso on the edges of the fishtails.


The starfishes are soo small that I only used two tints, R00 - R22.


For the shells I used RV11 - BG70 - BG72.


For the clams I used BG70 - BG72 - B29.


Y32 - E99 - YR24 for hair.


V91 - V93 - V95 for hair.


C5 and T5 for some shading.


I didn´t want to put in colour for all the background so I just made flick marks with blue tints.
BG0000 - BG11 - B000 - B01, randomly. And it looks like light penetrating into the water.

I ended up using some Gelly Roll Dark White pen for some highlights. 

Hope you enjoyed this post and we all want you to post your mermaids on Copic Marker Europe´s Facebook group for us all to enjoy.

Have a nice day!
Love
Helen

No comments: