Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Autumn Sunset Scene Slimline Card


 Hi all Copic friends,
The summer is slowly coming to an end and I get in the Autumn colours mood..
What about you? Do you love all those warm colours like me? 
The Copic family YR (yellow red) and the Copic Family E (earth tones) are just perfect.

Today I would like to show you my new slimline card in autumn colours of course using the pretty digital stamp called "Autumn" from Sweet November stamps.


I have printed the digital image and sentiment onto Perfect Colouring Paper with my printer, and afterwards I have used my slimline die from Mama Elephant to cut the shape.

Time to start colouring

 the skin..the scarf.....the cardigan..the gilet..the trousers..the bag ..the boots..


Of course one could stop at this point as the image is fully coloured but I wanted to create  a background too.

You could use stencils and or stamps to create a background or you can  just draw it yourself. But then you need some inspiration right?

As inspiration I have chosen a photo from my lovely holidays at the lake, it was just a guideline to make some kind of background :). 

Ofcourse first I start to draw some lines with light colour ( E 30 ) in this way  I can still add details or slightly change the scene in case I do not like it. 

When you use a pencil you should be aware that pencil covered by Copic will not erase that is why  I have decided to colour the scene directly with my Copic.

I know it is a bit scary but once you start it will get better .. and if you really don't like the result you can still fuzzy cut the image and put it onto design paper hi hi .

Please see my short video below of the colouring process of this card..


Here is the final result,
to complete the card I have added two leaves, cut with my I-crafter dies.

The top layer of the leaves was coloured with my Copic and on the green paper I have sprayed some distress mica spray  ..in this way some sparkle was added.


Hope you have enjoyed my post .

Please try to create your own background too, it is fun and as always practice..practice..practice.

Here are the Copic  colours I have used :

Skin : E 00, E 11, E 04, R 20, R 22

Hair : YR 21, E 99, E 19, E 18

Scarf : YR 14, YR 16, YR 09, E 18, E 15

Cardigan : YG 91, YG 93, YG 95, YG 99

Gilet : YR 23, YR 24, E 15

Boots : YR 23, YR 24, E 15, E 99

Trousers: E 11, E 15, E 18, YR 24, E 99

Bag : W 5, W 7, 100, YR 14, YR 18, YR 09

Background sky : BG 70, BG 72

Water : E 30, YR 0000, YR 000, YR 01, BG 70

Mountains : W 3, W 5, W 7

Glow from sunset : Y 35, Yr 000, YR 14, YR 16

Grass : E 30, YG 91, YG 93, YG 95, W 3, YG 99

Top layer leaves : YR 14, YR 16, YR 09

Thanks for your visit on the blog,

hugs Blankina