Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Winter Fun


Hello everyone! It's Delphine here today to share some Christmas inspiration, with a simple winter scene. For my scene, I used a Penny Black stamp from the Festive Frolic set. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black then die cut it with a Lawn Fawn die to be able to frame my image and visualize my scene.


I started with the sky, drawing the limit / hill in BG000. For a change, I went for a pastel orangy sky inspired by sky colours at sunset. I coloured from left to right and right to left making horizontal lines in BG000, V000 and YR000. 


For a bit of interest, I added trees behind my hill line. I coloured from dark to light, "drawing" pine needles in G29, then blending a bit using YG17 and a bit of YG03. For the trees further in the distance, I skipped the G29. At last, I also used BV000 to add a "horizon" in the distance. 


I then coloured the bear in Warm Greys - W0, 1, 3, 5 - and R20. I "drew" the hair from the fur going from dark to light.


Next I coloured the little penguin and sleigh (see colours below).


I then focussed on the details, you know the details that make a difference ;), adding marks in the snow, a shadow under the bear, and colouring some of the white of the hill using B000 and V20.
As a final step, I added snow in the trees and snowflakes using a Molotow acrylic paint marker. 


Here is the final image, with a sentiment.

Copics used:
Sky: BG000, V000, YR000
Trees: G29, YG03, 17
Bear: R20, W0, 1, 3, 5
Penguin: BV25, 29, Y38 - C2, 4, R35, 39 (hat)
Sleigh: C2, 4, E31, 34, 37
Snow: B000, V20


Thank you very much for your visit, have a lovely holiday season everyone! Hugs,
Delphine xx

No comments: